Last updated: 2008.01.18
MacBook Pro Review
It took me about one whole year to completely switched to the Mac. I use my machines everyday for work and play. It is not a trivial task to decide, and to actually make the switch.
This is a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP, with 2 GB of SDRAM and 120 GB of hard disk space.
This has been the hardest part about the switch, finding the right set of tools for the new system.
General Software Tools
- Word Processing etc: iWorks from Apple.
- Photo Management and light editing: Aperture 1.5 (have not upgraded to 2.0 yet).
- Things for Task and Time Management, think GTD
- I am using apple's Mail.app for now, it has it's good and bad points.
- Omnigraffle for diagramming
- mindjet for mind mapping
- ecto for blogging
- trying NetNewsWire as a RSS reader, going between this and google reader.
- Twitterific for twittering
Programming Software Tools
- iTerm for Terminal
- Carbon Emacs and Aquamacs for source code editing
- Transmit for SFTP, best of the poor selection