This video from saveur.com has been making the rounds on the Internet. It is entertaining, but really?
- If you following his directions, timing yourself, you will find that it took more than 10 seconds
- If you have a tight counter, you will spend time cleaning up after you smashed the garlic
- Do you have two big metal bowls?
- Add in the time it takes to pick each clove out of the bowl
- and what's wrong with garlic hands? I love garlic, and the small of it.
I personally prefer the way of smashing each clove with the side of chef's knife and hand peeling each clove. Much more satisfying to be "one with the garlic"...