Blogging online directly sometimes deter writing longer posts. After some research I am going to give BlogJet a try. First thing first, configuration is not as easy as it seems. I have my own server installation of wordpress. BlogJet will not auto detect my server. I need to manually configure the account by specifying:
- select “WordPress” as the provider
- enter my own server name (host), e.g. www.pkshiu.com , without the http part
- enter the page as /loft/xmlrpc.php
- Wait, it still does not work…
Turned out, I also have to edit my .htaccess file to add the following:
<Files xmlrpc.php>SecFilterInheritance Off</Files>
As I am typing this post — I like the very simple interface. Just type! One minor gripe — When you need to insert a link, you have to:
- go to the web page you want in your browser
- copy the URL from the address bar
- go back to blogjet, select the phrase to link
- click on the insert link icon
- paste the copied URL.
Why can’t BlogJet default the URL to what’s on the clipboard?