I have been using Macs for three years now. Yet I did not know you can install additional plugins for QuickLook so that you can quickly view different types of file in the finder just by pressing the spacebar ! I work with CSV files a lot and it has always been a pain having to open them in numbers or openoffice to view them. Now come (free) CSV quicklook plugins. You can find a lot of different plugins at this site . This CSV plugin is the one that I installed.
How to Install
- Go to the download site, often it is something on code.google.com
- click on the <whatever plugin name>.dmg to download the software
- Click on the downloaded DMG file and it should open in Finder
- copy the <whatever plugin name>.qlgenerator file into your quicklook plugin directory: Either at /Library/QuickLook/ or ~/Library/QuickLook/
- If you copy into ~/Library... it will only be available to your account. If the ~/Library/QuickLook directory is not there, create it first.
- either reboot, or start a terminal session and type:
That is it!