I have been running a zwave controlled lighting at home for almost a year now. It's great. Leviton recently entered the market with their own switches and controllers. They look good enough that I am going to swap out the old switches and install more new ones using Leviton devices. However they seems to have introduced some new terminology or feature that is confusing:
- AREA is a group of NODES that react to SCENE or ON/OFF command
- SCENE turn ZONEs or AREAs ON or to present levels
- PROFILES are group of ZONE or SCENE controller settings
Does this make sense to you?
- Is a ZONE an AREA?
- Are AREA stored within the network within the controller, whereas
- SCENE are device levels defined and stored locally at a controller?